I don’t know about you, but I have had a hard time waking up in the morning since the time change last week. These last couple weeks have been over-the-top busy as well. I know I’m not alone in this. I figure if I have needed a little bit of oomph shoved into my day, you might as well. What does oomph mean, you ask? Well, a few days ago, when the kids were occupied, I took a short nap. Another time, I stopped in my favorite coffee shop, 81301, and grabbed an iced mocha. I’ve also put on loud music while attending to chores around the house. Just these simple things have helped me accomplish what has been needed.
I’m thinking it’s now time for more. After accomplishing quite a bit over the last two weeks, it is time to schedule in some happy, self-care. Why don’t you join me? Let’s take some time this weekend or next week to put a little oomph back into our days. Show yourself that you are beautiful and loved.
Below are seven ways in which you can treat yourself to some special fun or relaxation time.
- Place candles around the room and light every single one of them. Then sit with your favorite drink and watch the light flicker. (Best if done at night. 🙂 )
- Draw yourself a bath, mixing bath gels, soaps, and bubbles. Sink in and read your favorite book, or close your eyes and daydream of being in your favorite place.
- Rent your favorite video, pop yourself some popcorn, and grab your favorite drink. Stretch out on the couch and enjoy.
- Sign yourself up for a class at a community college. Enjoy the time away from normal responsibilities and learn about something you love. (One semester, I took a class on flower arranging.)
- Schedule an appointment for a pedicure. Or, just walk into a place and get one.
- Buy yourself some brand new ice skates and go ice skating, or a brand new tennis racket and play tennis with a friend, or a brand new yoga ball and cd and do yoga in your living room. You get the gist. Choose a fun activity to start up again.
- Take yourself to lunch or dinner at your favorite restaurant, order whatever sounds fabulous, and enjoy watching people. If that’s not your thing, write notes to friends on pretty stationery or read that fabulous fiction you’ve been wanting to start.
To be honest with you, I’m not sure which one of these I’m going to do this weekend. I’m pretty sure I’ll fall asleep if I turn out the lights and watch beautiful candles flicker. I could even fall asleep in a nicely drawn, sudsy bath. I’ve been checking out classes here in Durango, but I’m learning so much about websites, audio, publishing, yada, yada, yada, so I don’t think I want to add a class. So, if you’re having trouble thinking about doing one of these options above, I challenge you.
I challenge you to pick one of these fun ways in which to brighten your life and tell me what you think. I will choose one of them as well and write the outcome in the comments of this post soon.
There are always little (and big) ways in which we can take care of ourselves. Sometimes just a little ten minute nap will suffice. Starting something you haven’t done in a while and really love is a very special something to do for yourself. I spent a few weeks over Christmas coloring. Gosh, that was soothing.
Take some time for yourself this weekend, choose a fun or relaxing way in which to care for yourself, and have a fabulously beautiful weekend.